Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer


It always amazes me how quickly summer flies by. The school year drags on and is so busy and all I can do is wait for summer to come and look forward to the time to relax. But relaxation is not a frequent occurance for me in the summer. I work 2 jobs during the week and on the weekends I tried my best to visit with friends who I have missed during the school year. This summer, I took a class online that started in July. Though I was glad to be getting the class out of the way, it made my summer somewhat stressful trying to balance work, school, and fun. There were times that I thought that this fall semester was going to be more relaxing then my summer was...we will see if that is true.
However, despite the busy weekdays, I did get the chance to take weekend trips to the beach which were my time to relax. But some weekends the beach was even busy and stressful trying to battle traffic and crowds of people. It's hard to relax when you feel like you need to follow some type of schedule to do eveything that you want to do.
But even though it was busy, I am sad to see summer end. Now it is senior year. My last year before the real world. It's going to be full of emotions and new experiences that I am looking forward to!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you, the end of summer is always kind of bittersweet. Usually Im ready to get back to school and see my friends and leave home for a little, but at the same time I know I will miss home eventually and my friends there as well. I also took an online class that started in july this summer!

    ReplyDelete